Friday 6 February 2009

Tonsil removal - done!


What a hectic past 48 hours we have had. We got a cancellation appointment for my daughter to get her tonsils and adenoids taken out! So off we popped yesterday morning, teddy bear and dolly in hand.

She is only four and has coped with it all brilliantly. Remarkably, she was eating toast within an hour of the operation. No ice-cream these days - straight onto the hard stuff!

We just got home at 11am this morning after an over night stay (with me on a z-bed beside her) so not much sleep all round.

I think the run up to it was more traumatic for me as she was blissfully unaware of the operation - she was just looking forward to a "sleepover" at the hospital. Anyway, I am glad that it is all now over - the whole process went so quickly and relatively painlessly, a bit like ripping off a band-aid.....!

A huge thank you to all of the wonderful nurses and doctors at The Sick Kids in Edinburgh - you made my baby's stay very comfortable.

OM

x

No comments:

Post a Comment